Our Redeemer students enjoy a variety of age-appropriate field trips during the school year. The following is a list of just some of the fun field trips in which our students participate - some trips happen every year, and new field trips are devised each year as well:
- Younger students do such things as go hiking, visit local barns and orchards, visit the local library, visit local parks and tourist attractions, attend a day camp, visit a planetarium, and go to see plays at the Young Auditorium at UW-Whitewater, the Marcus PAC in Milwaukee, and the Janesville PAC. Our Kindergarten class shops for food for the Delavan Food Pantry for Thanksgiving, and our 1st grade class shops for Toys for Tots for Christmas.
- Older students do such things as go to see plays at the Young Auditorium at UW-Whitewater, the Marcus PAC in Milwaukee, and at other area churches for Christmas programs. They have also toured locations of interest in Milwaukee and the surrounding area.
- Each year our 6th grade class attends Camp LuWiSiMo for three days in October.
- Each year our 8th grade class goes on a class trip at the end of the year to a location of their choice - recent 8th grade classes have gone to Minneapolis and St. Louis.
These activities can change each year based on the creativity of each teacher and the availability of locations and activities.
Drivers and Chaperones for Field Trips
Most of our field trips require help from parent drivers or chaperones - for most field trips we rely on parent drivers, and for a few field trips we use a charter bus but still need parent chaperones.
In order to drive or chaperone for a field trip, parents must do two things:
- Complete a background check through Protect My Ministry; this background check will be good for three (3) years, and has a cost of $9 which is paid online when you complete the background check. Please refer to the following links: Background Check Information and Protect My Ministry Background Check.
- Complete a Certified Driver Form in the school office; you will be asked to fill out and sign the form, and also show your current driver's license and proof of insurance to the office staff. This form is for the current school year only, and must be filled out again for each new school year in which you plan to drive and/or chaperone for field trips.
Without our parent drivers and chaperones, we could not offer so many wonderful and fun field trips to our students, so please consider volunteering in this way for our school!